Parents are a child’s most important educators.
You want to actively participate in your child’s education.
The secret to our successful preschool program is a valuable partnership between parents and teachers.
We enable even working parents to be actively involved in their child’s education.
LCK is a cooperative program that is a partnership between certified teachers, parents and caregivers which was created for the children they educate.
Our focus embraces hands on activities. The year of learning is based upon themes of the world around us. Art, music, science, games, learning, activities, fine and gross motor play, and dramatic play are the components used for learning. Age-appropriate field trips are planned as well as many parent and child functions throughout the year.
A cooperative preschool is operated by the parents and staffed by professional teachers. Parents help the teachers in the classroom as well as make school decisions and policies.
As a co-op, LCK values parents involvement by encouraging them to share their interests and talents in the classroom, participate in the Officers’ Board, join committees and sign up for co-op jobs.
The teachers, parent members, and a volunteer parent Officers’ Board work together to plan and make decisions for the co-op. These direct parental efforts and involvement make the cooperative a unique educational opportunity.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO CHILDREN?
- School is special when a parent is there to share it.
- Children see the value their parents place on education.
- School is more easily extended beyond the classroom, leading to a lifelong habit of learning.
- Children develop an increased sense of pride and self-esteem when they are the helper and get to show off their parent.
- Children enjoy friendly adults who accept each child in a safe and nurturing environment.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO PARENTS?
- A chance to discover new and hidden talents and contribute your abilities.
- Participation in all aspects of your child’s education.
- A voice in school decisions and policy making.
- Ease of communication with teachers.
- A network of friends with the same interests and concerns.
- A chance to observe your child and their peers in a group setting
- A chance to learn to effectively advocate on behalf of children.
We tailor our parent volunteer experiences to meet each family’s needs. Whatever your schedule – whether at home, returning to the workplace, or with a full time career – we find ways to use your time and talents to enrich your child’s educational experience.
LCK offers 3K and 4K programs which are overseen by teachers degreed in early childhood education in a fun, loving environment.
Our staff is comprised of:
- 2 Lead Teachers
- 2 Teacher Assistants
- Center Director
- Volunteer Parent Officers’ Board
The Officer Roles are:
- Vice President of Operations
- Vice President of Communications
- Class Representative for each class
Lake Country Kindergarten Preschool is located in the beautiful North Lake School facility in North Lake, Wisconsin.
The programs are held in rooms 101, 120, and 121, which are decorated with bright colors, filled with light, and designed to provide easy supervision with separate bathroom facilities. There is a gymnasium, library, and outdoor playground available for LCK’s use.
Special programs such as Holiday celebration, Mother’s Day program, and Graduation/End-of-Year Party are held on-site in North Lake School’s multipurpose room.
LCK is the oldest, non-profit, independent co-operative preschool program that has been operating in the Lake Country area for over 50 years.
Lake Country Kindergarten Preschool was incorporated in the early 1960s. It was once called Chenequa Preschool and has been housed in various Lake Country buildings throughout the years including the Chenequa Firehouse, Merton Elementary School, and several different churches.
LCK was founded by a group of parents for the sole purpose of providing an education for their preschoolers. It has remained a parent-run, non-profit cooperative that has succeeded through the years with the help of dedicated teachers and parents.
Contact email@example.com with questions or to schedule a tour.
If you reside within the North Lake School District, your LCK 4K tuition is paid for by the State of Wisconsin.
If you live within another school district with a 4K program, you are eligible to have tuition paid for by the State of Wisconsin through open enrollment. If you choose to open enroll you child into the program, we will gladly help you through the process.
Typical Enrollment Timeline
- Mid to End of January: Enrollment forms available
- February: Open enrollment begins
- March: Open House, submit registration fee and enrollment forms
- April: 4K Screening
- End of April: Open enrollment ends
- May: Meet and Greet (all new families including parents and siblings)
- Summer: Social (meet at the park to play)
- August: Mailing from the president with class assignment, co-op list, orientation information
- Late August: Mandatory parent orientation, co-op job selection
- September: School begins
Lake Country Kindergarten Preschool (LCK) is now enrolling for the 2020–2021 school year for the 3K and 4K programs. LCK is located inside North Lake School. Before and after care is available. For more information, please call Candy Buglass at 262-966-9792 x 101 or send an email. LCK will be having an open house on Tuesday, February 25th, from 5:00–7:30 p.m.
Tell your friends about this great preschool!
We pride ourselves on providing a high quality preschool education for our children.
We have small class sizes and highly experienced teachers in both 3K and 4K programs.
LCK has wrap around care before and after our morning preschool programs right at North Lake School.